Primary Calibrator 4046& 4146
Each Primary Calibrator Model Includes: Flowmeter, soft carrying case, battery pack, (6) AA Alkaline batteries, connectors, tubing, dampening chamber module (4146 only), battery pack lugs, 2-year warranty, user guide and NIST certificate of calibration.
Why is the adjustment and primary calibration of air sampling instruments necessary? Instruments that sample air must be flow adjusted, calibrated and routinely checked to ensure the accuracy of flow rate. The frequency of flow adjustment and/or calibration depends on the use, care and handling of the air sampling instruments and the regulations they are complying with. Determining exposure to various physical, chemical, radiological and biological substances is based on the accuracy of the total volume of air sampled and the sample duration.
Personal sampling pumps must be calibrated before and after each use and routinely checked during use. Flow calibrators are used to adjust and measure the flow rate of air sampling instruments.
TSI offers the Model 4146 and Model 4046 Primary Calibrators. These portable, battery-operated units are lightweight and easy to use. Volumetric flow rate is displayed continuously so adjustments to pump flow can be made in real-time. These primary calibrators are accurate to +/- 2 % of reading.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Provides continuous real-time volumetric flow rate readings, so pump adjustment and calibration is fast and easy
- Battery powered, compact and lightweight
- Field portable-use the same primary calibrator for adjustment, calibration and periodic flow checks
- Comes with a NIST traceable calibration certificate
- Kits come complete and are ready to use
- Industrial hygiene sampling
- Environmental sampling
- Indoor air quality
- Epidemiology health studies
- Field services